Samiël is one of our receptionists and a familiar face for many of our regular guests. He likes to share some of his favorite places to have a drink or bite in Amsterdam.
Around the hotel:
- Hummus Bistro D&A at the end of Czaar Peterstraat, just a 10 minute walk from the hotel.. Lebanese/Israeli hummus tent. Perfect place for a nice and quick lunch. There is always a table free, because it is not in the center.
- Michel-Inn on the Knsm Island is a a great place to have delicious traditional Italian pizza from a wood-fired oven. Good service and great location by the water.
- Bar Botanique and Walter’s in the Java street are cool places where you will find many locals. Fun on Friday and Saturday evening. The Java Street is a great place to wander around and discover quirky local hot spots.
Favorites in the center:
- Singel 404 is a very cosy lunch spot where they serve some lovely sandwiches. Beautiful setting along the canal and you can combine it with a shopping tour through the 9 streets.
- Cannibale Royale is thé place to have delicious steaks and burgers for a good price. You may find their restaurants at the Spui and in the Pipe.