Effective Date: August 21, 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to www.lloyd.nl and www.lloydhotel.com owned and operated by Lloyd Hotel. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use the information, which may include personal data, you provide on our website: www.lloydhotel.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal data and how you can access and update this data.
The types of personal data that we collect include:
Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and home address;
Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
Guest stay data, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities, or any other services used);
Data you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests, or promotional offers;
You may always choose what personal data (if any) you want to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Data We Collect Automatically
When using our website, we also collect information automatically, some of which may be personal data. This includes data such as language settings, IP address, location, device settings, device OS, log information, time of usage, URL requested, status report, user agent (information about the browser version), operating system, result (viewer or booker), browsing history, user Booking ID, and type of data viewed. We may also collect data automatically through cookies.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- A. Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation.
- B. Customer Service: We use your personal data to provide customer service.
- C. Guest Reviews: We may use your contact data to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to pick the accommodations that suits them best. If you submit a guest review, your review may be published on our website.
- D. Marketing Activities: We also use your data for marketing activities, as permitted by law. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes (e.g. commercial newsletters and marketing communications on new products and services or other offers we think may be of interest to you), we include an unsubscribe link that you can use if you do not want us to send messages in the future.
- E. Other Communications: There may be other times when we contact you by email, mail, phone, or texting, depending on the contact data you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- a. We may need to respond to and handle requests you’ve made.
- b. If you haven’t finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or filling in all the reservation details from scratch.
- c. When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website. We believe this additional service is useful to you and to us, as we will be able to improve our website based on your feedback.
- F. Analytics, Improvements, and Research: We use personal data to conduct research and analysis. We may involve a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such research (including to third-parties) in anonymous, aggregated form. We use your personal data for analytical purposes to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- G. Security, Fraud Detection, and Prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, in order to prevent fraud and other illegal or infringing activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We can use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities as permitted by applicable law and external advisers.
- H. Legal and Compliance: In certain cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory investigations and compliance, or to enforce agreement(s), or to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement insofar as it is required by law.
- If we use automated means to process personal data which produces legal effects or significantly affects you, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- In view of purposes A and B, we rely on the performance of a contract: The use of your data may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- In view of purposes C – H, we rely on its legitimate interests: We use your data for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails, and newsletters to improve and promote our products, services, and the content on our website, as well as for administrative, fraud detection, and legal purposes. When using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your information against our rights and interests.
- In respect of purpose H, we also rely, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with applicable law.
- Where needed under applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If needed in accordance with applicable law, we will ask for your consent. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
If you want to object to the processing set out under C-F and there’s no opt-out mechanism available to you directly (e.g. in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Google Analytics
Lloyd Hotel works with third parties to track your activity on our website, as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from Lloyd Hotel and other advertisers on unrelated websites. These advertising services use pixel tags (aka; web beacons), cookies and other tracking technologies to collect and store non-personal information about your visit to our website. Should you visit our website using your mobile device, an advertising service may also collect your device’s unique identifier, or location, and attempt to synchronize your mobile website visit with other website visits. Cookie technology does not have an impact on the functioning of your hardware, programs or files.
Sharing your personal data with our partners
Lloyd Hotel is not in the business of selling anyone’s data to third parties. We do however have partnerships with partners to support delivering the information we believe is of interest to you. These service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than to help us send and receive communications relating to our products and services.
Lloyd Hotel does not provide personal identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes unless you have given your explicit consent to do so, such as opting-in for updates about promotions and offers. It is our intention to only send communications that are useful to you and that you want to receive.
Lloyd Hotel will need to provide your personal data to third parties if it is obliged to do so on account of national or international laws or if we consider it necessary to do so in defense of our own rights. Here are the parties we work with and a reference to their sites, where privacy statements can often be found at the very bottom, just in case you wish to further familiarize yourself with them.
- Cubilis: booking engine for reservations
- Orange Hotel Marketing: online marketing
- Sojern: online marketing
- Revinate: e-mail marketing
In order to register consent to receive marketing related mails, Revinate will captures IP addresses and User Agent Strings on behalf of Lloyd Hotel. Aside from the above-mentioned partners, we also provide anonymized information about nationality statistics and general turnover information to the Dutch national bureau of Statistics and the City Council of Amsterdam which we are required to do under Dutch national law.
We do not seek to collect personal information from minors. However, we cannot always determine the age of users of our websites. If a minor provides us with personal identifiable information without a parent’s consent, we request the parent to contact us directly to have the information erased from our database.
Your Choices and Rights
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block, or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you’ve given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data, subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate, and current. Be sure to inform us as soon as possible regarding any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting email@example.com . We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable law.
Questions or Complaints
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you want to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also contact your local data protection authority with questions and complaints.
Changes to the Notice
Just as our business changes constantly, this Privacy Statement may also change for time to time. If you want to see changes made to this Privacy Statement from time to time, we invite you to access this Privacy Statement to see the changes. If we make material changes or changes that will have an impact on you (e.g. when we start processing your personal data for purpose other than those set out above), we will contact you prior to starting that processing.